The structure of the survey was divided into two major parts. In the first part general questions with regards to the affiliation and the technical know-how of the interviewees were posed.
- Which type of institution do you belong to?
- Please indicate your professional maturity.
- Do you work with remote sensing data (e.g. satellite or airborne images)?
- Do you work with optical or radar remote sensing data?
- Please indicate, if you are interested in radar data (basic image products)
- Do you work with information products which are derived from data acquired by remote sensing satellites?
- If not, would you like to work in future with such derived information products?
- To what extent are you using remote sensing data derived products?
- What are the major questions and challenges for you where remote sensing data could help?
- What are the major obstacles for you to use more remote sensing data derived information products?
In the second part of the survey, all bio-/geophysical information products were presented, for which special processing chains are being developed within the framework of the EDA Alliance. Each product was briefly described in the survey, in order to provide users with a more accurate picture of the products. The product specifications concerning spatial resolution, accuracy and temporal resolution were also given so that the users could compare these with their requirements.
During the survey, respondents were able to mark the products of their interest. Afterwards, they had to answer following product specific questions for each marked product.
- Are the listed product parameters adequate for you?
- In case the presented parameters are not adequate for you, please specify your requirements.
- At which scale do you need the higher-level product?
- What type of product format do you prefer?
- How fast should be the data available after acquisition?
In addition to these questions, users had the possibility to indicate their own requirements in the survey and could also include further remarks or questions.